Friday 12 July 2013

Friday Favorites

1. I just love how rummaging through the piles of clothes in the morning I become inspired to get something out - a piece of clothing or an accessory - for a proper airing after a long time. That happened with this necklace this morning. I found the striped tee I wanted to wear and in a sudden epiphany I realized it matched perfectly with this necklace so I took it out and about town for the first time after months and I am very pleased with the results (see exhibit below):











2. I managed to work through my frustration at having my mother-in-law with us this weekend (for all the obvious reasons daughters-in-law feel frustrated with their husbands' moms) and during my lunch break today I took her shopping for a swimming suit. A daunting experience for us 30-somethings let alone for a 65-year old who baulks at the granny looking back at her from the mirror. I helped and gently persuaded and pushed and assumed a tone of a mother treating a rather petulant child and we pulled it off in the end. And I'm glad I helped.


3. This song has been in the background of a grueling week at work, energizing a tired mind and making my body shuffle at least a bit while slumped in a horribly uncomfortable chair behind the damned computer screen:




4. The weekend ahead and the prospect of entertaining dear friends at our new place is making me happy and full of plans for a perfect Sunday late lunch menu. So far, the following items have made the list:

  • roasted thigh or shoulder of any decent meat we find at our butcher's
  • stuffed eggs (courgette and butter based stuffing, yummy!)
  • mashed taters with basil and bacon (a total improvisation, will report on the success or lack thereof)
  • celery, apples and walnut salad
  • rocket, tomatoes, pine nuts and Greek goat cheese salad
  • and an apple tart with vanilla ice cream and dates for dessert

I'm hungry just writing about it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away - I'd love to hear what you have to say . . .