Tuesday 22 January 2013

Daydreaming . . .

It's end of January almost and it feels like spring in Belgrade with unseasonably high daily temperatures. That kind of weather makes me feel all dizzy with the promise of sunnier and warmer days to come in a  few months. It also makes me think of summer holidays and days spent by the sea. This is where I feel at my best and where I want to spend my life . . . Alas . . .

For me, seaside is Greece, the Mediterranean, sun, olive trees, pristine beaches, crystal clear sea, great food, wine, and easy living in the long hours of siesta . . .






















The pictures are from our last year's destination, the small village of Kalamitsi on the Sythonia/Halkidiki peninsula
 Every morning, without fault, the big blue beckons . . .
The small bay 













Mighty Mount Athos in the background

 Beautiful Salona/Thessaloniki/Solun




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away - I'd love to hear what you have to say . . .